After you get over the excitement of getting a check or perhaps even some cash, what’s the first thing that comes to mind? For most people they think, ‘when can I get to my bank to deposit this?’ Let’s be honest, sometimes finding time to make it to a branch isn’t easy, and then on top of that – when you get to a branch, you might have to wait in line to make that deposit.
Well my friends, I’m here to give you two deposit options that involve virtually NO LINES and in one case NO TRIP TO THE BRANCH!
1. ATM Deposit
Did you know you can deposit cash and/or checks at ALL Apple ATMs? I hate waiting in lines, I know, I know, sometimes you have no choice. But, if you’re at a branch to make a deposit there’s no excuse to stand in the teller line – just go to the ATM!
All you have to do is:
- Search by zip code for the Apple ATM nearest you at AppleFCU.org/Locations
- Swipe your ATM/Check Card in the machine and enter your PIN
- Select Deposit
- Put your cash/check into a deposit envelope*, place it in the marked location on the ATM and Voila! – your money is deposited.
(*The following ATMs DO NOT require an envelope to make a deposit; just follow the on-screen instructions – Fair Oaks , GMU Fairfax (JC), GMU Arlington, GMU Prince William, Lockheed Martin, Manassas, Mt. Vernon, NVCC Annandale, Sudley Manor and Winchester.)
2. Scan Deposit
Yep, that’s right, scan those checks from the comfort of your home, dorm, apartment, friend’s house (you get the idea) for immediate credit to your account. Instead of linking to the requirements, I’ve listed them below to save you time! Don’t be intimidated by the number of bullets, the time it takes you to read through them is a lot less than you’d spend driving to a branch to make a deposit. 😉
So, to start using Scan Deposit you’ll need to:
- Be at least 18 years old
- Be enrolled in NetBranch Online Banking
- Have an active Apple Checking account (5 or more transactions a month)
- Have been an Apple member at least 90 days
- Be in good standing with Apple (no negative balances, no late payments on Apple Loans, not had an Apple Loan written off, etc.)
- Not had a single non-sufficient fund (NSF) fee applied to your account within the past 24 months
- Use Apple’s FREE Direct Deposit service
- Have a valid email address on file.
Meet these requirements?
Login to NetBranch Online Banking and click the Products and Services tab to enroll! Check out a list of FAQs HERE.
And stay tuned… soon you’ll be able to make deposits with your Android or iPhone. It’s in development now.
I hope these options help alleviate some of your ‘deposit pains’. 🙂
PS-If the check you’re depositing is a paycheck, see if your employer offers Direct Deposit. It’s FREE at Apple and is the fastest way to have access to your cash. Plus, if you’re employed at a partner school district, we likely pay you a day early too. How’s that for speedy!?